609 PORTLEDGE DR BRYN MAWR, PA 19010
- 8 Beds
- 11 Baths
- 17711 sq.ft.
Bryn Mawr is named after an estate near Dolgellau in Wales that belonged to Rowland Ellis. He was a Welsh Quaker who emigrated in 1686 to Pennsylvania from Dolgellau to escape religious persecution.
Until 1869 and the coming of the Pennsylvania Railroad's Main Line, the town, located in the old Welsh Tract, was known as Crankyville. The town was known as Humphreysville from 1800 to 1869 according to the Lower Marion Historical Society. The town was renamed by railroad agent William H. Wilson after he acquired on behalf of the railroad the 283 acres (1.15 km2) that now compose Bryn Mawr.
Click to View
All Single Family Homes Below
Information is supplied by seller and other third parties and has not been verified. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. Data may not be reproduced or redistributed and may not be used for any purpose other than consumers’ personal, non-commercial use. Copyright