1100 HILLCREST RD PENN VALLEY, PA 19072
- 5 Beds
- 6 Baths
- 4200 sq.ft.
Lower Merion was settled in 1682 by Welsh Quakers and in 1713 became a township with about fifty residents. In 1930, the areas of the township known as "Fairview," "Crow's Hill," and "Bowler's Woods" were incorporated as "Penn Valley".
Initially, Penn Valley was a farming community, known especially for Percival Roberts's 539-acre dairy farm, "Penshurst," and the smaller farms that surrounded it, located on PA Route 23, Conshohocken State Road, Hagy's Ford Road, and Old Gulph Road. It grew more suburban in 1939 when Penshurst's 75-room mansion was demolished in favor of residential development. Other farms in Penn Valley included "Crow's Hill", which was sold in 1921; "The Grove of the Red Partridges" on Old Gulph Road; and Charles W. Latch's 41-acre family farm. Today, silos can still be found in Penn Valley on Fairview Road.
All Single Family Homes Below
Information is supplied by seller and other third parties and has not been verified. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. Data may not be reproduced or redistributed and may not be used for any purpose other than consumers’ personal, non-commercial use. Copyright